We’re in a weird time of year for food because we’re past all of the holiday-flavored, but it’s not time for spring-flavored foods yet. And so here we are with a very random assortment of new food products to try. That said, I think this edition of Smart Cookie Shopping has some eats you’ll really love. So prepare your shopping list as we check out what’s new at the grocery store. This way, you can spend your money on the good stuff.
1. Cinnamon Cookie Oreos – available in the snack aisle
It took me a while to get my paws on these (as usual), but I was so glad I did. I heard people saying these taste like Dunkaroos, AKA the best snack of my childhood, and they were right. The cookie is a sweet, subtle cinnamon that’s wonderfully coupled with the creamy center.
2. Parmesan Garlic Triscuit Thin Crisps – available in the snack aisle
I wanted to buy regular Triscuits, but you can have almost three times the amount of the these Thin Crisp ones for the same amount of calories, so here we are. This parmesan garlic flavor is bangin’! It reminds me of white cheddar Cheez-Its and garlicky goodness.
3. Price Chopper Crispy Garlic and Pepper Onions – available with the salad toppings at Price Chopper
This purchase was driven by price. I normally buy a brand that costs more for one bag than two of the Price Chopper brand, so I decided to try these. They’re actually awesome. They’re super crunchy, and that black pepper flavor packs a punch.
4. Cheez-Its Sriracha Snack Mix – available in the snack aisle
Continuing the sriracha theme this, we had to try these. DANG, they’ve got heat! It’s the classic cheesy snack I grew up with, but with a seriously kickin’ twist.
5. Hannaford Roasted Red Pepper Hummus – available near the deli section at Hannaford
I almost loved this hummus. Hannaford makes a smooth, delicious hummus in all its flavors, and this tangy, zesty red pepper one was no exception. But they put the chewy, off-putting chunks of pepper in here, and that ruined it for me. I want a smooth hummus.
6. Bailey’s Bourbon Vanilla Pound Cake Coffee Creamer – available in the dairy section
I didn’t like this at all. The fake alcohol flavor was very off-putting. It overpowered my coffee.
7. Entenmann’s Lemon Crumb Donuts – available in the bread aisle
My favorite find of the bunch! This is a light lemon flavor, not too tangy. It’s the tastiness you expect from an Entenmann’s, and pretty impressively moist. For any lemon lover, you’ll want to try this.