I could live on appetizers alone, and these Caprese Cracked Pepper Triscuit Bites would be my main course. I practically made a meal out of them the other day, polishing off an embarrassing undisclosed quantity. And I still wanted more.
It’s dangerous when you can put together a snack this delicious in 15 minutes with 4 ingredients. What excuse do you have not to crank these out and munch like a pro? When you’re in a pinch preparing for a party or get-together, there’s no need to spend forever in the kitchen just so your guests can have happy bellies. These super easy snacks will make everyone smile, and you won’t have to break a sweat.
You can’t NOT love caprese-flavored stuff. Fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato are the holy trinity, a trio that never gets old. It’s perfect to pair this elegant flavor with a simple Triscuit cracker; why make it complicated? I reviewed those Triscuits a few Smart Cookie Shopping posts ago, and I’ve been dreaming of making these mozzarella-blanketed snacks ever since.
Be careful because appetizers these could kill your appetite for dinner. But who really needs anything besides melted cheese on a cracker anyway?
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- For even more Italian flavor, sprinkle on some garlic powder.
- You should serve these fresh out of the oven, and they’ll stay nice and crisp for a while. But if you let them sit, they will get soggy.
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar would be a tangy twist.
- Try to get your basil fresh as close to the day you want to serve these as possible.
Caprese Cracked Pepper Triscuit Bites
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 24 Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
- 12 fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the cheese into thin slices then cut into squares small enough to fit on each cracker.
- Lay Triscuits on the tray in a single layer. Top with a piece of cheese and tomato half. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.