When a craving for something cheesy hits, you need an immediate remedy like my 10-Minute Three-Cheese Tomato Basil Dip for Two. Often times, dip recipes mean getting ready to stand over the stove for at least an hour, and making enough to feed an army. But what if you don’t want to wait for a big party to break out some cheesy dip? What if you just want to snack by yourselves on a quiet night at home?
I’ve got a dip loaded with triple-threat cheeses that you can make in a matter of minutes. It’ll beat even even the best dip from your favorite restaurant because it’s fresh and packed with strategically flavorful ingredients. Every chip-ful is gooey and creamy, satisfying your deepest snacking desires.
I guess you could call me a liar because I made this dip for two…for one. It’s not my fault! My other half wasn’t home, so I took the liberty of snacking for both of us. Okay, okay, I did save him some. Thank goodness I’m so thoughtful. But if you’re planning to share with your bae, then I don’t recommend taking the risk like I did. You might not have as powerful self-restraint as mine, and you’ll quickly see how this becomes dip for one.
But then again, what they don’t know won’t hurt ’em.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- I served these with tortilla chips because they were the only things I had on hand, but some good-quality pita chips, veggies, crostini, or bread would be even more amazing.
- If you can’t find the Sargento Tomato Basil Jack cheese, you can buy regular Monterey jack cheese and add 1 tsp of chopped fresh basil.
- Make sure you keep the dip at simmer, and not boiling. This will prevent burning.
- Add some red pepper flakes if you’d like a little kick.
- For another go-to stove-top dip, try my Spinach-Artichoke Dip.
10-Minute 3-Cheese Tomato Basil Dip for 2
By The Smart Cookie Cook
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Sargento Tomato Basil Jack cheese, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and tomatoes and let saute for two minutes.
- Whisk in the flour until completely free of lumps. Immediately whisk in the cream until smooth. cover and let simmer, whisking occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Make sure you keep it at a simmer and no higher.
- Once thickened, turn off heat and whisk in the cheeses, salt, and pepper until completed melted. Serve with chips, crackers, bread, or veggies.