It’s National Grilled Cheese Day, and we’re celebrating the world’s simplest and cheesiest sandwich with 11 awesome grilled cheese recipes. I have a special spot in my heart for grilled cheese considering it’s cheese + bread. Those are the two things that make meals worth eating. They are a beautiful couple.
Adults love it. Kids love it. Grilled cheese has to be one of the most perfect, crowd-pleasing foods.
Here are 11 delicious ways to switch up this classic:
- Caramelized Onion & Tomato Grilled Cheese
- Open-Face 3-Cheese Eggplant, Tomato, Pepper, Basil Sandwiches
- Loaded Cheese Fries Grilled Cheese
- Garlic Tomato & Spinach Grilled Cheese
- 3-Cheese Pesto Grilled Cheese with Blush Sauce
- White Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Bites
- Eggplant Parmesan Grilled Cheese
- Spinach, Pepper & Pesto Double Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Guacamole Double Grilled Cheese
Need more tips on nailing an essential sandwich masterpiece?
Try these Grilled Cheese Tips & Tricks:
- Rather than fussing with flipping a fully loaded grilled cheese while cooking stove-top, try baking them in the oven instead.
- Better quality bread is essential to a great sandwich. Snag a fresh loaf from your grocery store’s bakery, and don’t be afraid to try some fun flavors.
- You can turn any flavor or ingredient you love into a grilled cheese. Some add-in ideas include: bacon, chicken, tomatoes, caramelized onions, peppers, marinara sauce, pesto, vegetables, onion rings, Ro-tel, artichokes, mushrooms, and more.
- Great grilled cheese dipping sauces include classic tomato soup, Red Pepper Soup, Spicy Sriracha Tomato Soup, blush sauce, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, pesto, and more.
- When choosing your cheeses, pick at least one strong, flavorful cheese (like sharp cheddar or parmesan) and pair it with a really melty cheese (like Muenster or American).
- Get more info in The Ultimate Guide to Grilled Cheese.