For a make-ahead healthy breakfast option that will actually keep you full, you need these Mini Spinach, Tomato, Mozzarella Frittatas.
I’ve been trying to be less awful at life, which includes real, less-carb-filled breakfasts, as opposed to my usual English muffin with butter. I started by making myself a few eggs before I leave for work, but it’s tough to fit in some days, so I decided to try the make-ahead route. I needed something mini to grab on the go and heat up when I got to work.
I made these on Sunday night and had them to eat all throughout the week – it was perfect! Prep was super easy. It’s just a matter of stirring everything together, pouring into a mini muffin tin, and baking. The post-baking pan clean-up was a bit nasty though, but a soak in warm water and soap helped.
Some mornings, I enjoyed the eggs with avocado, other days with a spinach patty, and some days, I just ate them as is. They were delicious no matter what, and they actually kept me full enough that I was able to forgo my mid-morning snacks without feeling hungry. Win!
Give yourself something to look forward to when you get up in the morning to go to work, and make a batch of my Mini Spinach, Tomato, and Mozzarella Frittatas for the week.
A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
- You can take the base of this recipe and add any mix-ins you like: veggies, bacon, different cheese, herbs, etc.
- Make sure you’re liberal with the cooking spray because these can be messy to remove from the pan.
- These are a little easier to remove when still slightly warm.
Mini Spinach, Tomato, Mozzarella Frittatas
By The Smart Cookie Cook
Yield – 2 dozen
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 generous cups fresh spinach
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 48 mozzarella pearls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until well combined. Fold in the spinach.
- Fill each mini muffin tin with filling. Drop a cherry tomato and 2 mozzarella pearls into each cup.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until puffed and set. Let cool for 5 minutes then use a butter knife to gently free the frittatas from the pan. Enjoy or store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.